Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I decided to participate in Menu Planning Monday, since many of the blogs I follow seem to do this. Planning your meals ahead of time will help to avoid those "Oh no! It's 5 pm and I don't know what we're having for dinner!" moments. Plus, it helps to avoid impulsive purchases at the grocery store, as well as having to make multiple trips. Here's what's for dinner this week in our house:

Monday - Small group. We go to a family's house from our church for Bible study and she feeds us. How nice is that?
Tuesday - Chicken fajitas
Wednesday - Black bean burritos
Thursday - Chicken sausage grinders with homemade rolls
Friday - Leftovers from Thursday
Saturday - Homemade pizza
Sunday - Chicken chili

Two of the meals this week are coming directly from my freezer. I like to freeze extras or purposely make a double batch so it saves me some time later. Right now, I have a week's worth of meals in my freezer.

For more menu planning ideas, head over to orgjunkie.com.

4 comments:

  1. I like the spiciness of your menu...looks terrific. I hope you will come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wednesdays would be a great day for me to plan to use the crockpot! I usually don't get home until late on those nights. I WILL join you one of these weeks. :) Oh, cumin and cayenne pepper are staples in this house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is a Grinder? Curious. Glad you stopped by my blog, cause now I can read yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am originally from upstate NY, so the term "grinder" was foreign to me also. That's what they call subs here in CT. Other areas call them heroes, hoagies, submarines?

    ReplyDelete