Friday, March 26, 2010

Busy Mom's Bible

A few weeks ago, I requested a free Bible from Zondervan. I thought, "What the heck? I'm a busy mom and would love a quick, easy way to do my devotions." My Bible arrived a few days after my request and I was excited to get started. Well, true to form, my life has just been crazy lately. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I have a cranky, teething toddler with tummy issues on my hands who has not been sleeping well at all. When I don't have my hands full with her, I am trying to catch some precious zzzz's. Everything has suffered in the meantime, including my time to spend reading my Bible.

All that said, I have been able to get into the Bible a few times since receiving it. The Bible is set up so there are 52 devotions (one for each week). The devotions are grouped into four with each group having a specific focus. Some examples are: "God is..., Raising your kids, and Your relationships." Each devotion is broken down into one minute, five minute and ten minute devotions, depending on how much time you have to spend. So, there are devotions even for the busiest of days.

The devotions have a scripture and a short paragraph to go along with the scripture (one minute devotion). Then, there is another passage given if you have more time to read. The five minute devotion is something to reflect on and encourage prayer and the ten minute is something specific to study. The ten minute devotion directs you to a section in the back of the Bible with additional verses to study that go along with that week's topic.

I really have enjoyed this Bible so far. I like that there are devotions for the days when I feel like I can't possibly fit one more thing in and then also for those days that I have a few extra minutes (I haven't had one of those days in awhile). My one complaint is that there are only 52 devotions. I suppose those devotions could be broken down into three separate devotions (the one, five and ten minute devotions), but, for me, I wish it had more than 52. All in all, I think this is a great asset for a busy mom who still has a desire to spend time in the Word. Want to check it out? Head over to Busy Mom's Bible.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. It is really hard to find time to study the Bible with a young child! I have been carrying a little pocket Bible with me to take advantage of those times when I have to wait a few minutes. I like the idea of something that is actually organized into a devotion, instead of just doing my random reading.

    ReplyDelete