Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

The start of another week. J was really sick over the weekend, so we weren't able to get to the farmer's market. Since we buy most of our meat at the farmer's market after switching to only sustainable meat, we didn't get any meat this week. Therefore this week's menu is light on the meat, but that's really okay. We can make yummy food without it. I have been able to, fairly successfully, make dinners that are hearty enough that my hubby doesn't miss the meat too much. Eating non-meat protein sources has enabled us to cut down our grocery bill and that's been lovely! :) Anyway, here's my meal plan for the week:

Monday - Falafel (this got pushed from last week)
Tuesday - Chicken quesadillas (from the freezer)
Wednesday - Egg sandwiches on homemade bagels
Thursday - A healthy, revamped pasta carbonara
Friday - Pizza
Saturday - Lentil soup
Sunday - Leftovers

To get some more ideas for menu plans, visit orgjunkie.com or Mindful Menus.

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. I made bread last night and I was thinking instead of 2 loaves (because we only eat one loaf a week) I would make rolls for black bean and rice burgers, well I guess I should have made 6-8 rolls because we have 2 large rolls and 2 huge rolls. Good thing we make our own bugers. I will just have to make the burgers big enough to fit the rolls and then split them 3 ways :)
    Do you use a falafel recipe or mix? Iam going to go click on the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually only my second time making falafel. This is a new recipe to me. The first time was a real flop. I love falafel and I hated it. I'm going to attempt homemade pita bread to serve the falafel in and then homemade tzatziki sauce as a dressing. Black bean and rice burgers sound delicious! I haven't made those yet, but they are my next undertaking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish hubby would be happy with no meat in his meals! Your menu sounds great to me! We love chicken quesadillas!

    If you have time, stop by my blog to check out my meal plan and giveaway! I'm giving away a set of Easy Lunch Boxes.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...I enjoy falafel...haven't had it in quite some time...the rest of the fam does NOT like it :(
    You have a great menu for the week!

    ReplyDelete