Monday, December 5, 2011

Day #1 of 10

So, it's been awhile since I wrote my post about returning to blogging.  About 8 or 9 weeks, actually.  I really am trying.  I have a good excuse for part of that absence.  Our computer died.  We couldn't type for more than 10 minutes without having to restart the darn thing so we could continue using the keyboard.  Ridiculous.  Pretty sure that will be the last Dell we ever buy.  So, we got a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a 13.3" screen.  I would post a pic of it, but apparently blogger doesn't like that pic.  I love the computer so far.  Light, compact and does everything we need it to.  Now if it will last more than three years, I will consider it to be a good purchase. I am hoping this is our last major purchase for the year.  We are in December, after all, so there's not much more time for something to break, right?  Oy.  Too many big ticket items malfunctioning this year.

Anyway, normally on a Monday I would share my menu plan for the week.  Have any of you seen this movie?

Source
My hubby and I finished watching this documentary yesterday.  We had started it a couple of weekends ago but both of us were so exhausted from the week that we never finished it.  I highly recommend the documentary for anyone, especially those who feel that there is nothing they can do about their health except to take medicine. That documentary actually inspired my hubby to go on a 10 day juice fast.  I have done a juice fast in the past, but only for 3 days.  The first few days are the worst, but I did not have a lot of fun just drinking juice.  However, I am going to be a supportive wife and juice right along with him.  So, no need for a menu plan.  The next ten days will be various kinds of juice. It's going to be a tough few days, but I think once I get past day #3, I will be good to go.

I have a couple of cheats scheduled in that 10 days that I had planned prior to my hubby deciding that he wanted to fast.  I will be going out for a glass of wine with a friend of mine from work on Wednesday and then a possible lunch date with an old coworker on Friday. Those "cheats" will consist only of salads and one glass of wine.  Otherwise, I will stick to water.

This morning, this was what my breakfast looked like:

It actually was quite delicious.  A combo of pineapple, orange and half a pear.  Super yummy, but my stomach was growling about a half an hour later.  I had to have my coffee this morning.  My daughter sleeps too little for me to cut out the coffee totally right now.  I am trying to drink less though and stick with herbal tea, if I feel like I need a hot drink.

I will try to chronicle our experiences through the 10 days as much as I can. One thing I am continuing to take while juicing is my Juice Plus+ supplements.
Source

It is solely raw, dehydrated, organic fruits and veggies and it will give me additional nutrients that I may be missing while fasting.  Curious about Juice Plus+? Visit this website: www.btannattjuiceplus.com.

I will be back either later today or tomorrow with a recipe for veggie meatballs.  Soy-free, gluten free, easily adaptable to be vegan, and flavor-full.  Stay tuned (and wish me luck)!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I haven't been on your blog in a while, but don't feel well today so am spending time on my computer. I haven't seen this documentary, but my husband and i did watch one called "Food Inc" which was a real eye-opener about the food we buy at grocery stores.

    In December I bought a book called "The Doctors Book of Food Rmemdies" and it's all about healing ourselves with the food we eat. Real, fresh, pure food. My husband and I no longer have health ins. so I have been reading up on natural rememdies and preventions. It is all very fascinating.

    Glad to see you are blogging again.

    ReplyDelete