Friday, April 16, 2010

Food Waste Friday


This week we wasted a partial container of whipped topping. I don't feel too bad about this because it's not good for us anyway. I bought it for a specific dessert I made for Valentine's Day (I do allow treats on special occasions...). Sadly, it took this long for the container to start molding. Thinking back on it, I should have made a lower fat version of real whipped cream rather than buying this artificial crap. Oh well...hindsight is 20/20. Other than this container of whipped cream, we wasted a freezer bag full of pureed papaya with freezer burn. I had made it for J, but it didn't agree with her tummy (what a surprise). I don't like it because it sort of tastes like soap. So, it was wasted...bummer. To see other pics of moldy food, head over to Frugal Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment