Sunday, November 14, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I used last week to stock up on some deals that I found like Muir Glen products - purchase $15 of products and get $5 off instantly. I stocked up on crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste for soups, sloppy joes and sauce. We also got two medium chickens from our local farm, which will feed us for awhile. My grocery budget will be toward the higher end of what I like to see, but we'll have to buy less next month. Here's what we are eating this week:

Monday - Black bean burgers on whole wheat rolls with homemade sweet potato fries
Tuesday - Leftovers
Wednesday - Oven roasted chicken and potato leek soup (the soup is a carryover from last week)
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Calzones with homemade sauce
Saturday - Lentil stew
Sunday - Leftovers

Breakfasts will be yogurt with banana and wheat germ, smoothies, juice, cereal and eggs.
Lunches will be leftovers, sandwiches, raw oatmeal "cookie dough" cereal, and smoothies.

Stuck in a rut? Check out some other meal plans for ideas at Orgjunkie and Fit Meals Monday.

Make sure to stop by my blog later to read about my latest attempt at homemade dark chocolate almond butter cups. Yum! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment