It probably doesn't look like much, but I assure you, it's delicious. It probably took me ten minutes to prepare (including chopping the veggies) and it is FULL of stuff that's good for you. :) Here is the recipe:
Mexican Inspired Lentil Scramble
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 clove garlic
3 egg whites
4 medium fresh kale leaves, stalk removed and leaves chopped
1/4 cup cooked lentils
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 tsp cumin
Couple dashes of cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium low heat.
2. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions become soft and translucent.
3. Pour egg whites into the skillet and cook thoroughly.
4. When the eggs are fully cooked (approximately 3-4 minutes), add the rest of the ingredients.
5. Incorporate all the ingredients into the egg. Cook until lentils are warmed through and kale has wilted (approximately another three minutes).
6. Devour! :)
You could surely make this recipe using a combination of egg whites and yolks. I didn't use any yolks because, frankly, I don't like them. :) This recipe is fast, easy and delicious! Let me know if you decide to try it!