Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu plan Monday

Things have been so incredibly crazy around here, but we have been able to stick with our menu plan for the most part. I am pretty proud of that. It seems when life gets super hectic, that's when we eat out more because we're tired, stressed, and just plain fed up. Anyway, here's the plan for the week:

Monday - Potluck with good friends. They are bringing Mexican-type food and we have Cajun chicken with homemade rolls to offer, as well as black bean salad. Good times with good friends...yay!
Tuesday - Leftovers from Monday.
Wednesday - Black beans with cornbread. I have been meaning to make this for awhile and just haven't gotten to it. My cornbread will be slightly different.
Thursday - Cajun lentils and rice. This is a carryover from last week.
Friday - Homemade pizza.
Saturday - Sweet pepper with kale over whole wheat pasta. More kale to use from the CSA = more sweet pepper and kale with pasta. Yum!
Sunday - Taco potatoes. This is a new recipe for me to try. It looks delicious...I'll let you know how it comes out.

Breakfasts will be dehydrated buckwheat groats, cereal, bagels, and muffins.
Lunches: Leftovers, smoothies, PB&J, and raw pizza.

To look at what others are planning to eat, check out Orgjunkie and Mindful Menus.

3 comments:

  1. I love kale! We have really liked a Norweigan dish with smoked sausage (it works great with chicken sausage) sauteed with kale, served over mashed potatoes. It's so simple but so flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see black beans and I automatically think of white rice. That's the Cuban in me. I have never known anyone to eat them with cornbread. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like an interesting and varied menu plan!! yummy....and i LOVE getting together with friends for potluck type dinners....always so much fun....you have inspired me to make some plans with some dear friends soon as school winds down! Hope you had a great time...enjoy the weekend...it's gorgeous here in Albany NY!! (finally!)

    ReplyDelete